Before your First Appointment
  • Prior to your first appointment, please visit the patient portal. Under “insurance card” scan in the front and back of your insurance card.  Please bring the following information with you:  Subscriber name, subscriber address, and subscriber date of birth (subscriber could be a parent, spouse, domestic partner, or guardian).
  • If you prefer to not give us your health insurance information, do not have health insurance (OSU domestic students are not required to have health insurance), or if the insurance does not cover all of your charges, those charges will be sent over to the student account after the insurance responds – this can take up to several months.  We do not collect any payments at the time of your visit.
  • If you have a high deductible insurance plan that includes a Health Savings Card (HSA) that you would like to use for payment, please call 541-737-4184 for an appointment to collect the card information payment over the phone, only VISA and MasterCard are accepted. 
  • The Insurance Billing staff work remotely and would be happy to answer any of your insurance-related questions.  Please call 541-737-2068, or 541-737-8370.  You can also send messages to the billing department through the SHS Patient Portallogin and then go to messages > new message > send a message to the billing dept.
 In-Network Students
Out-Of-Network Students
  • If you are a student who has any other health insurance NOT purchased through Oregon State University, you are NOT considered in-network with Student Health Services.
    • This means that your health insurance may not cover your labs, office procedures, immunizations, physicals requiring paperwork, etc.
    • You will need to contact your health insurance company prior to coming to Student Health Services to see how your out-of-network benefits will work in our clinic.
    • There is a phone number for member services usually on the back of your health insurance card. The health insurance company can look us up by our NPI # 1316048531 or tax ID #61-1730890.
Insurance Billing
  • We courtesy bill ALL health insurances, other than out of state Medicaid which we are unable to accept.
  • If you have questions about enrolling in Oregon Medicaid please contact the Benton County Health Department. The Oregon Health Plans, especially OHP IHN,  may cover Medicaid qualified charges here at Student Health Services.
  • Kaiser Plans (OR/WA) may cover charges at Student Health Services if the patient calls their Kaiser Insurance prior to coming in to SHS. 
  • Tricare is also accepted here and depending on the plan, may cover services here.