Survivor Advocacy and Resource Center

We offer 24/7 confidential support for all OSU community members affected by sexual harassment, including sexual assault, unwanted sexual experiences, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking. Through SARC, you can get help with:

  • Knowing your rights and options
  • Safety planning
  • Academic and housing concerns
  • Information about law enforcement or OSU reporting options
  • Referrals to on- and off-campus resources
  • And more. 
Emergency contraception

Emergency contraception is available at SHS. This medication can be taken within five days after unprotected intercourse to lower pregnancy risk.

It is more effective if taken as soon as possible after unprotected intercourse. A website that can be helpful for learning about different contraceptive options is

Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program

We are committed to survivor-focused health care and offer a fully integrated Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program to support any student, regardless of gender identity, who is a survivor of sexual assault.

With access to exams right here at the campus health center, sexual assault survivors can be in familiar surroundings with caring clinicians and do not have to be concerned about arranging transportation to the hospital. Survivors can continue seeing an SHS clinician for follow-up care, allowing for a continuum of care for the survivor that includes sensitivity to their experience.

  • You do not have to report the assault to have an examination.
  • Visits with the sexual assault nurse examiner are completely confidential.
  • Most services are free or include a minimal charge.
  • You will always be treated in a sensitive and caring manner. 
    • Because of the university’s Sexual Assault/Harassment Amnesty Clause, the university WILL NOT pursue any conduct violation against a survivor for substance use, including alcohol, at the time of sexual assault/harassment if the sexual assault/harassment is reported to Student Conduct and Community Standards or the Office of Equity and Inclusion

For help, call the Student Health Advice Nurse at 541-737-2724 or come to Student Health Services in the Plageman Building.  Support for those who speak Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese or traditional Chinese is available at the Mid-Valley Women's Crisis Service.