My name is Cherry Bonnichsen and I am the Referral and Prior Authorization Coordinator. I will be the liaison between you and the Medical Specialist that your SHS Primary Care Clinician has referred you to.

I will be working closely with your insurance and the specialist to make sure that any required authorizations are taken care of before the referral is placed. 

I will keep you updated as new information about your referral is available.  Our conversations will be through the Student Health Services secure patient portal or through encrypted emails to your OSU email account. If you do not know how to access your patient portal, review the instructions here.

If you ever have any questions or concerns about your referral please let me know how I can help.

For questions about referrals, please contact:
  • Phone: 541-737-7571
  • Fax: 541-737-5529
  • Hours of operation: M - F 8 am to 5pm
  • Or contact me via email.








Things we need you to do for Referrals:

  • Make sure you Insurance is current and active
  • Make sure your patient portal is active
  • Answer Unknow/Private/Blocked numbers
  • Set up your voicemail and not full 
  • Make sure we have set up to receive texts from SHS
  • Preferred way for contact: texts, secure message, email, phone


Things we need you to do for Prior Authorizations:

  • Make sure you Insurance is current and active
  • Make sure your patient portal is active


Out of Area Specialist-Referrals


Things we need you to do if you want your referral to go to someone outside of the Corvallis area:

  • I am happy to send your referral to a provider outside of the Corvallis area 
  • Please reach out to me, preferably via secure message on your patient portal.  I will need to know:
    • name of clinician and facility
    • address, phone, fax
    • If your chosen provider has multiple locations, I need to know which location you would like to be scheduled with
  • Please complete a release of information form so we may receive those records back to continue your care here at Student Health Services when you return. You may complete that form with OSU SHS or with the specialist.