Student Health Services (SHS)
- Primary care clinicians can provide hormonal therapy and referrals to specialists. Visits to SHS primary care clinicians are fully covered by the OSU Health Fee.
- Clinicians also provide comprehensive preventative services for people of all genders (including PAP smears and age-appropriate prostate exams).
- Consent forms for feminizing medications (PDF) and for testosterone therapy (PDF) are used and are available for review of possible side effects and hoped for benefits.
- Nursing staff are able to administer hormonal injections, as well as all immunizations.*
- Laboratory services obtain necessary lab tests to monitor hormonal therapy.*
- Insurance office administers both the OSU Graduate PacificSource and Aetna Domestic and International platinum-rated health plans. Both OSU-sponsored plans (Aetna for domestic and international students and PacificSource for OSU-employed graduate students) have transgender care benefits. For more information, visit their websites:
- OSU Pharmacy dispenses hormonal therapies in addition to a full array of medications. The pharmacy will also bill students’ insurance plans.
Student Health Services has gender inclusive bathrooms. There is a Google map website for locations of all gender inclusive restrooms on the OSU campus.
*The OSU Health Fee does not cover lab, immunization nor injection fees. However, SHS can bill most insurance carriers for these services. Whether and what insurance companies will reimburse varies from plan to plan. Please visit the links to the OSU-sponsored plans above for more specific information about coverage by those plans.