It's never too late to quit. We're here whenever you're ready.
OSU is a smoke-free campus. Student Health Services offers one-on-one tobacco cessation services to students, faculty and staff who are thinking about or have decided to quit using tobacco. These services focus on cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, cigars, hookahs, and other types of tobacco. The American Cancer Society states that pairing Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) with a cessation program can double your chances of success.
SHS Tobacco Cessation Program
The program includes:
- Visits with a Tobacco Cessation Coach
- Students can receive free nicotine gum or patches
During your visits you will discuss:
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) options and dosage
- Quit date preparation
- Post-quit date strategies
- And more!
We Make It Easy
- Appointments available at Student Health Services.
- Services are confidential.
- For more information or to make an appointment, call 541-737-WELL (9355).
- Services are FREE to OSU students.
- Faculty and staff services are $20 for initial visit, $10 for additional visits.
If you are not ready to meet with a health educator, the Health Promotion Department at SHS also has a vast array of brochures and health education materials available for students, staff and faculty to assist with tobacco cessation. Please come to Room 310 at SHS for more information.
Tobacco Use at OSU
In 2010, 3 percent of OSU students smoked cigarettes every day, 3 percent smoked in the last 10-29 days, 7.8 percent smoked in the last 1-9 days and 16 percent had smoked, but not in the last 30 days.