Student Health Services is committed to taking an active stance in survivor-focused health care. SHS now offers a fully integrated Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program to support any student, regardless of gender identity, who is a survivor of sexual assault. By offering exams at the campus health center, sexual assault survivors can be in familiar surroundings with caring clinicians and do not have to be concerned about arranging transportation to the hospital. Survivors can continue seeing a Student Health clinician for any other health exams as well, which allows for a continuum of care for the survivor that includes sensitivity to their experience.
Following are more facts about the SANE program at SHS:
- The SANE program is available on campus year round during regular SHS hours.
- Two qualified Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners are on staff at SHS.
- SHS also has support staff including Registered Nurses trained in assisting a sexual assault survivor.
- You do not have to report the assault to have an examination.
- Examinations are available for all students, regardless of gender identity.
- Your visit with the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner is completely confidential.
- Most services are free or include a minimal charge.
- You will always be treated in a sensitive and caring manner.
Call 541-737-9355 or come to Student Health Services in the Plageman Building.
In addition, the OSU Health Promotion Department provides sexual violence education and awareness information for the campus community. Staff can provide workshops or presentations on topics related to dating violence, rape and sexual assault.
(For support in Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese, and traditional Chinese, please contact the Mid-Valley Women's Crisis Service.)
Sexual Assault/Harassment Amnesty Clause
The university WILL NOT pursue any conduct violation against a survivor for substance use, including alcohol, at the time of sexual assault/harassment if the sexual assault/harassment is reported to Student Conduct and Community Standards or the Office of Equity and Inclusion.