Proof of insurance is not mandated for postdoctoral fellows but is, instead, optional. Postdoc fellows may enroll in the Aetna health insurance plan for OSU.
What is covered?
The OSU health insurance plan is a major medical plan covered by Aetna Student Health Insurance that reimburses 90 percent of covered services and prescriptions (filled at SHS pharmacy), with unlimited coverage per accident or illness, per year. There is a $300 deductible if care is received off campus (away from Student Health Services).
Who is eligible?
Postdocoral Fellows with an active fellowship at OSU.
What does it cost?
The following rates are effective for the 2016-17 policy year:
- Fellow-only coverage – $486.33 per month
- Fellow + Spouse/Partner – $952.66 per month
- Fellow + Children (1 or more) - $952.66 per month
- Fellow + Spouse/Partner + Child - $1,418.99 per month
- Fellow + Spouse/Partner + Children – $1,885.32 per month