Student Health Advisory Board
More information about SHAB, including meeting notes and schedules, can be found here.
Applications now being accepted for SHAB 2016-2017
To be eligible to apply for the Student Health Advisory Board, the applicant must:
- Be a health fee-paying student
- Achieve and maintain at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA (undergraduate) or a 3.0 GPA (graduate)
- Be available for one hour a week for SHAB meetings (2016-2017 SHAB meeting schedule available in "members and meetings section")
- If selected, be committed for at least a one-year term
If interested, please download and complete the SHAB membership application form (PDF). The form includes instructions on where to send completed applications.
The committee known as the Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) acts as a link between Student Health Services (SHS), the Associated Students of Oregon State University (ASOSU), the Student Incidental Fee Committee (SIFC), and the general student population.
About the committee
- Review and pass the annual budget of SHS
- Evaluate and recommend changes to SHS programs and services
- Determine ways to promote a healthy university community
- Update and discuss happenings at SHS
Recent involvement and ongoing projects
- Prepared and distributed flyers to inform students of the Affordable Care Act and OSU student insurance options.
- Assisting in the planning of the conceptual design for a possible new Student Health Center in future years.
- Developing a more positive view of Student Health Services by students.
- Forming connections with other health groups on campus.
- Strengthening the health alliance of SHS, CAPS and Recreational Sports.
(NOTE: More members to be determined)
- Rishi Seshadri, Chair
- Rae Madison, Vice-Chair
- Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Alex Beck, Advisor, Health Professions, Microbiology
- Karren Cholewinski, Executive Assistant, Budget/Fiscal Planning
- Kenny Maes, Assistant Professor, Anthropology Department
- Tay McEdwards, Manager of Access Services, Disability Access Services
- Jenny Haubenreiser, Executive Director, Student Health Services
For more information or to get involved, please email email@example.com.