What is covered?
The OSU Domestic insurance plan is a major medical plan covered by Aetna Student Health Insurance that reimburses 90 percent of covered services, and 90 percent of prescriptions (filled at SHS pharmacy), with unlimited coverage per accident or illness, per year. There is a $300 deductible if care is received off campus (away from Student Health Services).
Who is eligible?
- Domestic students (legal citizens of the U.S.);
- Enrolled for the minimum number of credits on the OSU or Cascades campus - undergrad 6 credits, graduate 3 credits
- Paying the Student Health Fee. The Student Health Fee is usually charged with tuition and fees upon registration. Please note: The Spring Term insurance purchase covers all the way through Summer Term. Students who were enrolled at OSU the previous Spring Term AND who will be registering for Fall Term, but do not take summer classes, can still access services at SHS by paying the health fee for summer term.
What does it cost?
Academic Year 2016-17
- $486.33 Fall Term
- $486.33 Winter Term
- $486.34 Spring/Summer Term (purchase of spring lasts through summer term at no additional charge)
- $343.76 Summer Term ONLY
Coverage for dependents is available at an additional cost. Costs listed below are per term - fall, winter, and spring/summer.
Student + spouse/domestic partner - $952.66
Student + child - $952.66
Student + children - $1418.89
Student + child + spouse - $1418.99
Student + children + spouse - $1885.32
How do I enroll and pay?
We are moving to online auto enrollment for our Domestic student insurance plan beginning winter term. Open Enrollment begins December 23, 2016 – January 27, 2016, please note you cannot access the website until open enrollment begins.
It’s easy. Just go to www.aetnastudenthealth.com/schools/oregonstate
Review the Plan Design and Benefits Summary for Policy Year 2016/2017
Select “Enroll Now” and continue the steps as directed.
Payment for the Health insurance is due at the time of enrollment and is made directly to Aetna Student Health Insurance. Aetna accepts Visa/MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express and Electronic Checks. Need help? Just call 1-800-683-7299. Someone can help you Monday to Friday from 8:30a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
What if I lose my Aetna Insurance ID card?
You can print a replacement ID card on the Aetna website by following these steps:
- Go to www.aetnastudenthealth.com and type "Oregon State University" in the "Find Your School" search box.
- On the right-hand side of the screen select "Print Your ID Card."
- Enter your OSU ID number and your date of birth; click "View Card."
How is Aetna Insurance billed for my services at SHS?
The SHS Billing Office will bill Aetna for all billable services. When payment is received from Aetna any patient balance will be applied to your student account. This process can take up to 30 days from date of service. For billing questions, please call 541-737-8370.
Need more info?
OSU Student Insurance Office
110 Plageman Bldg.
Corvallis, OR 97331