If you choose to gamble, it is important to do so in a healthy manner and in moderation. Here are some tips to make sure that any gambling remains a recreational activity, and does not lead to problems.
- Always gamble with others and not alone.
- Set limits on how long and how often you gamble.
- Treat the money you gamble with as a cost of entertainment.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Leave the credit and debit cards at home.
- Balance gambling with other activities.
- Expect to lose: the odds are against you.
- Avoid chasing losses; know when to walk away.
- Become educated about the signs of addiction.