What the Health Fee Covers
The OSU Health Fee is included in your tuition each term, giving you access to the Student Health Services (SHS) clinics. With these fees come many services available to enrolled students at no additional charge, including:
- Routine visits with SHS physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
- Visits with SHS psychiatrist (with referral from SHS clinician)
- Wellness exams (excludes all lab work or procedures)
- Tobacco cessation services
- Nutrition consults with a registered dietitian
- Health Coaching services
- Access to health and wellness web resources, including Healthier at School® Online Self-Care Guide
- Health Promotion outreach programming and events
- Nurse advice by phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Toll-free long distance access to Student Health (1-877-824–9355)
What the Health Fee Does Not Cover
There are some services at SHS that are not included in the health fee, in which you could incur an additional cost. However, most services are provided at lower than community cost. Although prices are always subject to change, some of the costs of services for which you would be charged are:
- Lab tests, X-rays, EKG and spirometry
- Immunizations and allergy shots
- Travel appointments
- Acupuncture, chiropractic services and massage therapy
- Physical therapy
- Procedures such as ear irrigation, sutures/wound care, wart removal, etc.
- Physicals (ROTC, Immigration, Pre-Employment, Peace Corps, Athletics, etc.)
- Office visits with a consultant
- Pharmacy prescriptions
- Supplies (bandages, splints, braces, crutch rental, etc.)
- Missed appointments that are not canceled before scheduled time
OSU Health Fee for 2016-2017
The OSU Health Fee for 2016-2017 is $142.50 per term. Find more information about student fees at fa.oregonstate.edu/business-affairs/tuition-and-fee-information.
Medical Care Available During Summer Session, Whether Enrolled or Returning in Fall
Student Health programs and services are available to students who are enrolled in Summer Session and have paid the quarterly health fee. Students who were enrolled at OSU the previous Spring Term AND who will be registering for Fall Term, but do not enroll in Summer Session, can still access services at SHS by paying the health fee for summer term. The fee for summer 2015 is $125.32 ($90.09 for Student Health and $35.23 for CAPS).
Payment of the summer health fee should be made in person at Kerr Administration or online; payment is not accepted at the health center.
Payment and Reimbursement
Fees for services not covered under the health fee will be billed to the student’s OSU account. The SHS insurance office will directly bill OSU-sponsored plans (Aetna Student Health or PacificSource Graduate Assistant Plan). All other insurances will be billed as a courtesy per student’s request, as long as a copy of the insurance card is provided prior to services and a signed Assignment of Benefits (AOB) has been received (students can also supply insurance plan information via the Patient Portal). SHS does not have contracts with other insurance plans and is considered an "out-of-network" provider. Students with non-OSU insurance plans should be aware that charges will still appear on their account after SHS has billed their insurance.
Please note that prescription charges will not be included in your billing as SHS Billing Office does not have access to those records. You will have to request those directly from the OSU Pharmacy.
If you have specific questions about billing procedures, call the SHS billing office at 541-737-2068; for questions about OSU Aetna coverage, call the SHS insurance office at 541-737-7600; for questions about PacificSource GTA coverage call the SHS insurance office at 541-737-7568.
Student Health Services Billing Office
110 Plageman Bldg
Corvallis, OR 97331
Student Health Services is not a participating provider for Oregon Health Plan and all non-OSU sponsored insurance plans. Students who are on the Oregon Health Plan and have paid the OSU health fee may still come to SHS for their office visits, which are covered by their OSU health fee. However, any additional services that incur a charge are the responsibility of the patient.