- ABOUT SHS
- Clinic Services
- Allergy and Asthma
- Consulting Specialists
- Lab and X-ray
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Advice Nurse Line
- Men's/Women's Health
- Occupational Health
- Oregon Contraceptive Care
- Psychiatric Services
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- SHS @ Dixon
- Sports Medicine/Physical Therapy
- Travel Medicine
- Health Promotion
- Domestic Student Insurance Plan
- International Student Insurance Plan
- Graduate Assistant Insurance Plan
- Graduate Fellow Insurance Plan
- Postdoctoral Fellow Insurance Plan
- Postdoctoral Scholar Insurance Plan
- Students with Private Insurance
- ASOSU Insurance Subsidy
- Affordable Care Act
- Common Medical Insurance Terms
- Insurance Resources
- Clinic Services
- NEW STUDENTS
Domestic Student Insurance Plan
- Domestic Student Health Insurance Questions and Answers (PDF)
- Highlights of Aetna Domestic Insurance Plan (PDF)
- Enrollment Form for Domestic Insurance Plan (PDF)
What is covered?
The OSU Domestic insurance plan is a major medical plan covered by Aetna Student Health Insurance that reimburses 80 percent of covered services, and 70 percent of prescriptions up to $500,000 per accident or illness, per year. There is a $300 deductible if care is received off campus (away from Student Health Services). You can read more about covered services in the Domestic Insurance Plan Brochure link above.
Who is eligible?
- Domestic students (legal citizens of the U.S.);
- enrolled for the minimum number of credits on the OSU or Cascades campus - undergrad 6 credits, graduate 3 credits (these credits cannot include any E-Campus or community college credits); and
- paying the Student Health Fee. The Student Health Fee is usually charged with tuition and fees upon registration. Please note: The spring term insurance purchase covers all the way through summer term. Students will be charged the summer Student Health Fee even if they do not enroll in classes during the summer term. They will have access to Student Health Services during summer term. NOTE: Aetna Student Health Insurance does not allow students with only E-Campus credits to purchase the insurance.
What does it cost?
Academic Year 2013-14
- $1,311 Fall Term
- $1,311 Winter Term
- $1,311 Spring/Summer Term (purchase of spring lasts through summer term at no additional charge)
- $994 Summer Term ONLY
Coverage for dependents is available at an additional cost. Costs listed below are per term - fall, winter, and spring/summer.
Student + spouse or domestic partner - $3,914 per term
Student + spouse or domestic partner + 1 child - $5,634 per term
Student + spouse or domestic partner + 2 or more children - $6,458 per term
Student + 1 child - $3,029 per term
Student + 2 or more children - $3,854 per term
What are the coverage dates and the enrollment deadlines?
|COVERAGE PERIOD||BEGINS||ENDS||ENROLL BY|
|Spring/Summer Term (covers summer)||3/31/14||9/20/14||4/18/14|
|Summer attendance only||6/23/14||9/20/14||7/11/14|
How do I enroll and pay?
Simply fill out the enrollment form located on this Web site or in the Student Health Insurance Office (Plageman Bldg., Room 110) and submit to our office by the third Friday of the term. Forms of payment include check, money order (payable to OSU), Visa/MasterCard or cash and are to be paid in full in the SHS Insurance office by the deadline. Upon payment, your identification card will be given to you and your eligibility will be sent to Aetna Student Health.
NOTE: If not paid in full by that date, the SHS Insurance office will remove the charge from your student account the Monday following the deadline and the insurance will not be available to you that term. Please be aware that loans and grants will not credit the insurance charge.
How is Aetna Insurance billed for my services at SHS?
Once a month, the SHS Billing Office sends the SHS charges to Aetna for processing. Aetna then sends reimbursements to OSU who will post them to the students’ accounts. This process can take up to two months to be completed. Any balance left on the student account over 30 days will incur a one percent interest charge. The student has the choice of paying off the charges before 30 days to avoid this charge. The student will be responsible for the interest charge if left on. We recommend the student pay them at the time they are billed, if financially able. The Student Accounts Office will refund any Aetna reimbursement to the student by mail. For Billing questions, please call 541-737-2068.
Need more info?
OSU Student Insurance Office
110 Plageman Bldg.
Corvallis, OR 97331