- ABOUT SHS
- Clinic Services
- Allergy and Asthma
- Consulting Specialists
- Lab and X-ray
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Advice Nurse Line
- Men's/Women's Health
- Occupational Health
- Oregon Contraceptive Care
- Psychiatric Services
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- SHS @ Dixon
- Sports Medicine/Physical Therapy
- Travel Medicine
- Health Promotion
- Domestic Student Insurance Plan
- International Student Insurance Plan
- Graduate Assistant Insurance Plan
- Graduate Fellow Insurance Plan
- Postdoctoral Fellow Insurance Plan
- Postdoctoral Scholar Insurance Plan
- Students with Private Insurance
- ASOSU Insurance Subsidy
- Affordable Care Act
- Common Medical Insurance Terms
- Insurance Resources
- Clinic Services
- NEW STUDENTS
It doesn’t matter whether you are just getting started on improving your physical fitness or are well on your way to being an active Beaver Strider; we have a program for you! All OSU students, faculty and staff are invited to participate. There are several options to choose from:
Solo Strider is our individualized, self-directed program which focuses on setting achievable fitness goals through the use of a pedometer to keep track of daily step counts. Solo Strider is a six-week program that includes an initial week of determining your baseline step count followed by incremental increases in steps and physical activity for the remaining five weeks. Joining Solo Strider is very easy… online registration is the first three weeks of every term. The program begins the fourth Monday of the term and lasts for the next six weeks. The program is free for students; cost for faculty/staff is $20.
Options for Winter Term 2014:
- NEW 10-Week Program: Jan. 6 - March 14 (faculty/staff PEBB Exercise Rewards)
- Regular 6-Week Program: Jan. 27 - March 7 (students, faculty and staff)
Select the program you want to join during the online registration process.
Group Step Challenges
Group Step Challenges are for those looking to add a little healthy competition to their fitness routine. Participants join teams organized through their clubs, organizations, departments, residence halls, classes or other groups. Each participant receives a pedometer and teams compete against one another over the course of two weeks to see who can log the most steps. Winners receive prizes at the end of the competition. If you are interested in setting up a Group Step Challenge for you and your closest friends or competitors please contact Beaver.Strides@oregonstate.edu.
Move It Mondays
Move It Mondays is a group walk that takes place every Monday during the academic year (excluding holidays), rain or shine! We meet at 12:00 p.m. near the east entrance of Student Health Services (Plageman Building) and walk for 45 minutes on various routes near campus. All walking speeds and abilities are welcome! This is a great time to get some fresh air, conduct a “walking meeting,” or just get away from your desk chair for an hour.
A few words from our participants:
- “Walking during my lunch hour is my favorite thing to do; I always feel so rejuvenated afterwards.”
- “I love taking a break during the day to go for even a short walk; it’s like coming back from vacation.”
- “I think everyone in my office could benefit from these walks.”
Looking for someone to walk with? Come fill out a Beaver Buddy card at Dixon and we will try to pair you up with someone who loves long walks on the beach just like you! (Well, perhaps they’ll at least share your pace and have the same free time available to go for walks!)
Questions or Comments?
Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made to email@example.com.