- ABOUT SHS
- Clinic Services
- Allergy and Asthma
- Consulting Specialists
- Lab and X-ray
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Advice Nurse Line
- Men's/Women's Health
- Occupational Health
- Oregon Contraceptive Care
- Psychiatric Services
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- SHS @ Dixon
- Sports Medicine/Physical Therapy
- Travel Medicine
- Health Promotion
- Domestic Student Insurance Plan
- International Student Insurance Plan
- Graduate Assistant Insurance Plan
- Graduate Fellow Insurance Plan
- Postdoctoral Fellow Insurance Plan
- Postdoctoral Scholar Insurance Plan
- Students with Private Insurance
- ASOSU Insurance Subsidy
- Affordable Care Act
- Common Medical Insurance Terms
- Insurance Resources
- Clinic Services
- NEW STUDENTS
Are You Concerned...
...About Your Own Use or That of a Family Member?
Employees are encouraged to seek assistance for controlled substance dependency problems through the University Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Evaluation, counseling and referral services are available to employees through this program, and assistance is provided on a confidential basis. The health benefits packages available to all university employees provide at least partial reimbursement for treatment and rehabilitation associated with substance abuse. Each new employee is invited to an orientation in which the EAP and health benefits provisions are discussed.
...About a Student?
- Is a student in your class or department?
- Missing classes
- Not turning in assignments
- Late for work
- “Checked out” or preoccupied
- Having mood swings
- Displaying erratic or different behavior than usual
They may have a substance abuse or mental health issue that is impairing their ability to learn.
As a caring adult you have the power to help a student who is struggling in the academic and personal realms. Students look to you for advice and information. You can be a resource for them. Feel free to call us to consult:
Student Health Services – Health Promotion Department
Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator
OSU Student Health Services
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Snell Hall Fifth Floor