Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2017-2018 school year. Please check in spring term for information on how to apply.
To be eligible to apply for the Student Health Advisory Board, the applicant must:
- Be a health fee-paying student
- Achieve and maintain at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA (undergraduate) or a 3.0 GPA (graduate)
- Be available for one hour a week for SHAB meetings
- If selected, be committed for at least a one-year term
The Student Health Advisory Board of Oregon State University (SHAB) acts as a link between Student Health Services (SHS), Associated Students of Oregon State University (ASOSU), Student Fee Committee (SFC), and the general student population.
Purpose of the Committee
- Review and pass the annual budget of SHS
- Evaluate and recommend changes to SHS programs and services
- Determine ways to promote a healthy university community
- Update and discuss happenings at SHS
Recent Involvement and Ongoing Projects
- Prepared and distributed flyers to inform students of the Affordable Care Act and OSU student insurance options.
- Assisting in the planning of the conceptual design for a possible new Student Health Center in future years.
- Developing a more positive view of Student Health Services by students.
- Forming connections with other health groups on campus.
- Strengthening the health alliance of SHS, CAPS and Recreational Sports.
2017-2018 SHAB Committee Members
(NOTE: More members to be determined)
- Rishi Seshadri, Chair
- Theresa Thurston, Co-Vice Chair
- Rebecca Low, Co-Vice Chair
Jenny Haubenreiser, Executive Director, Student Health Services
Sara Caldwell-Kan, Peer Wellness Specialist, Student Health Services
Marcie Thompson, Director of Finance and Operations, Student Health Services
For more information about SHAB or about becoming a member, email firstname.lastname@example.org.